Our At-Risk Children
In the Neighborhood
7/11/16, BALTIMORE, MD --
Latest childhood poverty data from the Annie E. Casey Foundation:
- 2014 USA - 15,686,000 children in poverty (22.0%)
- 2014 Maryland - 183,531 children in poverty (13.8%)
- 2014 Baltimore City - 41,670 children in poverty (32.2%)
- 2013 Florida - 982,272 children in poverty (24.8%)
- 2013 Sarasota County - 11,888 children in poverty (20.4%)
From Our Blog
Plant Today For a Better Tomorrow
Warren Buffett may be Open Door America's favorite rich man. He just seems to get it.
Recently, we ran across a January 2017 replay of a Warren Buffet interview on the Charlie Rose show. We like what he said about life and time:
"I can buy anything I want, but I can't buy time. There is no way I will ever be able to buy more time."